Domestic violence is violence that happens between the members of a family. Primarily it is between couples. Additionally, parents can abuse it against children.
Domestic violence is a social problem, and the government sees it as a significant problem. To counter this issue, many laws have been made by the government, and according to the situation, amendments are also made to these laws.
So, is there some help for the citizens? Yes. There is. A domestic violence defense law firm can be helpful to the victims.
The Current Data on Domestic Violence in the US
The current data on domestic violence in the US is disturbing. The below-listed statistics need to be taken more seriously by the government as well as individuals:
- Around 20 people are abused physically by their partners.
- One in four women and one in nine men experience severe physical abuse from their partner.
- More than 10 million people are victims of domestic violence in a year.
- Domestic violence helplines receive about 20,000 calls per day.
- Women between the ages of 18-24 suffer the most.
- Her partner sexually harasses one in 10 women.
- Approximately 19% of domestic violence involves the use of weapons.
- One in every 15 children experiences domestic violence between their parents. Moreover, 90% of these children are eyewitnesses to domestic violence in their homes.
How Law Firms Help the Victims?
A law firm consists of one or more lawyers who practice law. Their job is to assist clients and prove their statements in front of the honorable court.
Law firms primarily advise their clients and give them an insight into the laws that protect them. They ensure the protection of their client under the law. A lawyer first understands the situation of their client. Then he tries to find the laws which can assist their statement in the courts and provide justice accordingly.
Domestic violence in the United States is one of the most significant contributors to the country’s overall crime rate. Domestic violence is about physical abuse and, most importantly, mental harassment. Physical pain will get reduced over time, but a bad memory can distress a person for a longer time.
It is crucial for justice for victims and to convict the accused. A domestic violence defense law firm ensures quick justice to the victims. It is their duty to make their client aware of the federal laws. But handling a person who has been abused severely by her partner or, in some cases, parents are also an equally important task for a team of lawyers.
The current figures for domestic violence are alarming. Every year, victims report many cases, but still, some incidents are not reported. The laws in the constitution are equal for everyone. So if someone is suffering, they should report to the police department.
Consulting a domestic violence defense law firm will help a victim to get out of the trauma and abuse they are suffering. Many law firms with good track records can be found online and in the town. It is better for victims to reach a good law firm and hope for justice according to the law.